I'm Still Here
So this is a good sign. I was actually looking forward to writing. I don't think I've ever felt this self-accepting and confident in myself. Here are the highlights of today and one from last night:
Jeremy is up in Rochester for a family gathering. The gathering was supposed to be an outdoor picnic at one of our neice's house, but we had significant rain and winds - even a tornado threat. Jeremy and I started the morning by having coffee with our neighbors across the hall.
Just a little segway here: I have always been the one who has to work or follow through on a community commitment, thereby leaving Dennis to do the entertaining. But things with Dennis are different now. Dennis has gotten very involved in Al-Anon, and he had a couple of commitments, so I was able to be the chauffeur.
The Dralle's would have been VERY disappointed if Jeremy hadn't come over. They really love him and that's a good feeling. It was a great start to the day.
From there, we went to Kailee's Garden on Kenwood & Kirkland, where I have many Jeremy-connected transplants. When he left for Florida, I went to his house and took the sunflower seeds he had (his favorite flower). I also dug up a daisy bush from his yard. That original daisy bush has since been split several times, and it is now represented at many places, including my daughter Rachel's, my neighbor's, and more in the garden, because they can replicate like rabbits.
One of the reasons we went to the garden was to see Wayne. Wayne comes to the garden almost every day, takes pictures (he went to school for photography), relaxes on the bench, and just chills. Once a week, he takes a picture of something in the garden that stands out to him and sends it to his family. I enjoyed talking with him and, through our talks, learned that he knew Jeremy; they played in the Nate Rawls band together! Too cool!
The sunflowers are hysterical. For a couple of years, they were a spectacular attraction, creating a tall wall on the south fence like non-scary garden guards. Since then, they, too, have shown up all over the garden in places we definitely didn't plant them; it is SO cool to see them popping up unexpectedly. Makes my heart smile just picturing them. It makes my heart giggle to think of all the birds who eat the seeds and then poop them around the garden.
We then went to a Block Party on Chili Ave, but it had been canceled because of the ominous weather, so we headed to the public market. We had breakfast as it started to pour and lightning flashed, and then stopped to see two vendors who know and love Jeremy. Then we purchased two watermelons and headed home.
I lent Jeremy the car, and he went to visit two longtime friends.
Dennis and I ended up relaxing at home...a good day all around. Old people love that.
One very welcome overnight awareness: I am experiencing a significant drop in cravings around flour and sugar. It has not been very difficult to stay away from foods that don't really serve me well. Something is different in my awareness of how vital my body is in pursuing my calling - to Channel Peace. Mind, BODY, and Soul. What I hunger for is building my Spirit Life and fulfilling my calling. I remember envisioning that my Spirit would be the nourishment that I longed for. For now, I'm going with that. - cuz I am FULL! Peace:)
No comments:
Post a Comment