Building Trust
That title is actually supposed to be a joke. My struggles staying current on this blog result in my saying I'm going to mend my ways....and then I don't. Not a good trust builder. But something has changed - really!
In December, exactly 50 years ago, I had a severe car accident. We (my sister Vivian and my very good friend Cheri) were t-boned. The sun was in the guy's eyes. I went there to check that out, and it is very likely the sun was in his eyes (that's a little funny).
Anyhow, I broke 15 bones and collapsed a lung. I was supposed to die, but I didn't. I don't know why I like saying that. Maybe it's because it wasn't my first brush with death, and I was thinking how ironic it is that I'm still here. I don't question why I'm here anymore.
My father's minister was called in (I have no recollection) and reported back to my father that "She's going to be just fine; she's in there fighting like a Green Bay Backer." I don't need no stinkin' last rites 😇
Turns out, I was fighting the nurses, and they couldn't give me an intravenous in my arms, so they used my ankles and strapped my arms and legs down. Now, as a victim of sexual abuse, that's not helpful. Looking back, I understand my rage.
So the point of all this is: My family was amazingly supportive as I had to move out of my apartment while they doted on me. After a few weeks - I think - my memory around the accident has gaps - I was standing in church, looking out the window and asking God why He (I was Presbyterian at the time) wouldn't let me die? And I had an overwhelming sense that God had something He needed me to do. So I started my healing process in January of 1976.
I began to feel a sense of worthiness and value that had eluded me all my life. And within a few months, I was carrying myself differently. And that's when Dennis and I met, and I captured him using sexual advances - it was magical. Dennis and I would write letters to each other for a few months. He would put Black Tie on his envelopes because I loved the smell of it on him; I would be so excited to go to the post office. I moved to Rochester in the summer...and the rest is history.
So that was 50 years ago. I'm 71 years old. This has been an awesome year of finding out who I am, why I'm here, and what I need to adjust to take on my Calling.
My Calling is to Channel Peace. To do that, I have to BE at Peace. It's actually very nice for me to commit time to making sure I'm right with my Spirit before I greet the world. Win-win.
So that's all for now. Nice chatting with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment